In the history of art are waiting unique icons, which is painted on wood religious images. In Poland, the icons were created mainly in the XV-XVI century in the Eastern and South-Eastern, precisely in the municipality of Sanok.
You simply have to see this!
Hiking, cycling or hiking the designated white-and-blue trail, it's a great opportunity to see the greatest monuments of sacral art. Trail running – the Valley is didactic trail (marked in blue) and leads from Sanok to the oldest wooden churches in Poland (Uluczu). The total length of the route is 70 km and allows you to visit 10 of the Orthodox Church and 2 museums. The trail can be overcome by foot, horseback, mountain bike, road, and sail into the Valley of the San. The main tourist attractions-tours of the trail:
Sanok-Museum of Icons is located in Sanok Castle, originally it was a Russian city, in whose place stood Kazimierz gothic castle, which was rebuilt in the years 1523 1548, in Renaissance style. In the halls of the exposed is 106 icons, with ok. 700 held by the Museum, the rest will be exposed after the renovation of the remaining spaces. Your base collection is the largest in Poland. In addition, the Museum offers: painting with other works, contemporary artists and Beksiński archaeological and historical associated with the region.
Sanok-Cathedral-Orthodox Cathedral of St. Trinity, the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Przemysl and Nowy Sącz, brick, built in 1784.
Sanok-Museum of folk buildings Museum occupies an area of 38 hectares, presents ok. 120 objects of wooden architecture from the Bieszczady Mountains, Foothills and low Beskids, m.in. Orthodox Church of Ropek 1801, Grąziowej 1731, Rosolina 1750, Church of Bączala Lower 1667. Skansen also has about 500 icons, some of which is located in the above mentioned churches while others are exposed in a separate building. Sanok open air museum is the biggest facility of this type in Poland.
Międzybrodzie-former Greek Catholic parish church p.w. Trinity St. brick, built in the years 1899-1900, next to which is the tomb of the family pyramid Kulczycki.
Tyrawa Solna-wooden church of the John the Baptist, built in 1837. Currently used as a Roman Catholic Church.
Hłomcza-Greek Catholic Church p.w. The Council of the BLESSED VIRGIN MARY, a wooden, built in 1859. From 1946 to 1960 used by the Roman Catholic Church, then by the Orthodox Church and from 1991. There are Byzantine-rite devotions of the Ukrainian.
Filialna Church-the former łodzina Greek Catholic dedicated to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, erected in 1743 he, now a filial Church Roman Catholic. Next to the church a beautiful old oak tree.
Good Szlachecka-former Greek Catholic parish church p.w. St. Nicholas, a wooden, built in 1879. now a filial Church of the Roman Catholic The Exaltation Of The Holy Cross. Before the church a valuable defensive assumption gate-Bell Tower from the 17th century. the chapel on the first floor and the bells of 1624 and 1625.
Ulucz is the oldest wooden church in Poland of Of the assumption, built in 1510. It was part of the Basilian monastery dating. Now a subsidiary of MBL in Sanok. Located on the top of a steep, owianego legends of the Hill "Tan", on the northern edge of the village.
Siemuszowa-wooden Greek Catholic Church filialna of The Transfiguration, built in 1841. Currently used as a Roman Catholic Church.
Sanok-Olchowce-the former parish church p.w. The assumption, a wooden, built in 1844. Currently used by the Roman Catholic Church.
Słonne Mountains landscape park-was appointed Governor of regulation 682 of 27 March 1992. It lies in the north-eastern part of the province, North of Sanok, Overspine, since 2002 and Ustrzyki Dolne. Covers an area of the Southern Highlands, Słonne mountains. The highest peaks are the top of the Słonne 672 m above sea level. and Chwaniów 685 m. above sea level. This is an area extremely valuable due to its natural and cultural qualities. Beautifully formed ridges take those incorporating layout. Dehydrates them dense, Kratovo municipality laid a network of rivers and streams. The attractiveness of this terrain raises a very poor population, which guarantees uninterrupted contact with nature.
The Valley of San-the picturesque meanders of the river that separates this stretch of steep, wooded slopes of the Słonne mountains and foothills of 2,700 from a slightly milder hills Of Dynowskie, acting a large attraction for canoeing, fishing and swimming. Provided for in the 1950s to the flooding waters of the reservoir, which was formed after the construction of the dam at Niewistce, is currently very sparsely urbanized, and as a result, has retained its natural pristine nature.
Rocky outcrops-original forms of sandstone on ridges Słonne mountains, forming the fantastic shapes, reminiscent of monsters of folk tales. On the trail there are two of them-the Eagle Stone and stone on the Granickiej.